1. Review the community service provided by the station;
2. Review the programming goals established by station;
3. Review the impact on the community of the significant policy decisions rendered by the station; and
4. Advise the management of the station whether the programming and other significant policies of the station are meeting the specialized educational and cultural needs of the communities served by the station. The advisory council may make recommendations to station management to meet those specialized needs.
5. • Establish, as a high priority, attendance at all meetings of the board, knowing the board needs full participation of its members to operate effectively.
6.• Promote WUGA FM to the community and speak knowledgeably about the station’s programs and goals, educating those in their circles of influence.
7. Pursue and/or encourage corporate or foundation giving to WUGA FM when appropriate.
The WUGA FM Community Advisory Council is made up of dedicated and involved individuals who help our staff stay connected with our listeners,organizations and issues in our broadcast service area. Members of our Council work on a volunteer basis:
2017 Community Advisory Council Members:
Dr. Roger Swagler
Dr. Ian Hardin